Saturday, October 9, 2010

Adventures Overseas. Warning: not for the faint hearted

When we're on holiday or in a foreign country, we are suddenly at liberty to do what we normally don't. It is ok for me to spend ridiculous amounts of money on crappy souvenirs, visit lame tourist attractions and wear hideous shirts that I wouldn't let Tony Abbot wipe his arse with (hello Hawaiian shirt, I'm talking to you). All this seems pretty harmless, except to my bank account. However, holidaying has turned into the biggest excuse for me and many others to do idiotic things, be daredevils or immerse ourselves in a perpetual alcoholic haze. Due to this...
Before
Morning After
 things like this happen…                                                            And this...













And this...









Or this...

One way or another, we always end up in hospital or a cell. In poorer countries, this means confinement in an unsanitary concrete floor with you desperately protecting all orifices whilst being yelled at in a foreign tongue.

My advice, do not play hero, do not play dares and definitely do not pass out in a gutter unless you want to wake up in a tub of ice with sutures on your back, where your kidneys should be. 

2 comments:

  1. "musings on a mundane life" will now have to be changed to something more appropriate. It seems to me that you... now have a multitude of other words to chose from ')

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's ironic but I really do think that for most of the year, my life is hella boring...routine

    ReplyDelete